Even though I have already written these in the old community engine, I thought it would be a good idea to also post them here. I know that TextNut is now prioritizing stability and fixes, which is nice, so this is an idea for the future.
Outline showing a preview of the first lines on a file is not always the best choice. It might look nice when your files start with heading and then a paragraph. But if it start with lets say a H1 heading and then a H2 heading (common) does not look so great to me. It does not really give very useful information and takes lot of vertical space, so not nice if you want to keep a big list of files.
In general I believe outline should be able to be configured, to allow flexibility.
- Be able to choose between 1, 2 or 3 lines of preview.
- Be able to show/hide the filename.
- Be able to only show the filename in this case the filename takes as many lines as needed depending on the width of the outline panel and would have a bigger font (more or less looking as a H1 when is previewed in the outline).
- Be able to disable the automatic pop-up on mouseover for the outline "file contents" icon, so it would have to be clicked (suggestion from StefanoCecere)
- Be able to completely hide the "file contents" icon from the outline, to save horizontal space (among other reasons).
Thanks for readying!